Bonus is the amount which will be booked to your trading account if you meet our Bonus T&Cs.
Active Bonus is the portion of the Bonus granted to you that can be utilised (traded) at any given time.
In both Skilling Trader and cTrader, your Active Bonus cannot exceed your Real Cash Balance.
- You deposit $100 and you are given a bonus of $30
- Since your real balance ($100) is higher than the bonus amount, then your Active Bonus equals the total Bonus ($30).
- Should you withdraw or lose more than $71, then your Active Bonus starts to decrease as well.
- By withdrawing or losing more than $71, it means that your Real Cash Balance is less than $100 ($100 - $71).
- As a result, your Active Bonus will be less than the total Bonus.
- You deposit $100 and you are given a bonus of $100
- You open a position which is currently in a loss of $78
- Your Real Cash Balance is now ($100 - $78) = $22
- Real Cash Balance is now lower than your Bonus.
- $22 < $30
- As a result, your Active Bonus becomes $22 as well and your Account Value (Equity) becomes $44.
Net Deposits + Closed P&L + Open P&L + Active Bonus
$100 + 0 - $78 + $22 = $44
Based on the previous example your open trade is at a loss of $78 resulting in an Active Bonus of $22 and Account Value at $44.
If the market starts moving in your direction, resulting in a loss of less than $71, then your Active Bonus is reinstated again at $30.
Since your Real Cash Balance is now higher than the Bonus, then the Active Bonus becomes equal to the Bonus.
The same will happen when you redeposit your account.
As long as your Real Cash Balance is higher than the total Bonus, then Bonus becomes active again.