Skilling categorises all its Clients as ‘Retail’ clients by default.
Clients can request to be treated as Professional clients, provided that they meet at least two of the following criteria:
- The client has carried out transactions in significant size, at an average frequency of 10 per quarter over the previous four quarters.
- The size of the client’s financial instrument portfolio exceeds EUR 500.000.
- The client works or has worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of the transactions or services envisaged.
Professional Client Status Details
It is important that you understand exactly how a Professional Client will be treated differently to a Retail Client should you wish to be treated as such.
- Professional clients are responsible for keeping the Company informed about any change, which could affect their current categorisation.
- Professional clients are not eligible complainants to the Financial Ombudsman Services, provided the complaint relates to services offered by the Company, unless they are consumers.
- Margin and Leverage Limits can be higher than those introduced to retail clients by ESMA.
- Provision of significant investor protection arising from the marketing, distribution or sale of CFDs, may not apply to professional clients.
- We may use more sophisticated language when dealing with you as a Professional Client than we do with our retail clients.
- We may assume that you have the relevant knowledge and experience levels to understand the risks in trading leveraged products.
The above list is not exhaustive and serves as a summary of the Differences between Professional and Retail Clients. Full Details can be found here.
Should you wish to apply for different Categorisation, you can complete the below form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org